Friday, May 30, 2008

A Day at the Pool

We spent the day at a friend's house and went swimming. I used to LOVE swimming. I even taught swimming lessons at a private swim school for a summer. Not so crazy about it anymore (since my insulin pump connector doesn't stick as well after swimming for long periods of time). Anyway, I always figured I'd just teach my kids to swim, but since Isaac is scared of any drain or hole in a pool and would rather do his own thing splashing on the top step, it has been virtually impossible to teach him anything. So, I was planning on starting swim lessons for the boys this summer until Sethy begged me to get into the water today. I was amazed when he actually jumped in the pool to me. (His brother would NEVER do that!) So, I figured I'd try a basic intro lesson. He took right to it! It was just like I was teaching again. I guess I'll try teaching Seth and maybe Isaac will want to go along. We'll see what happens this summer!

5 comments:

LisAway said...

ALL SWUM OUT! Love it. That will be awesome if you can teach them how to swim! One thing that Evie is afraid of on this trip is that she doesn't know how to.

And you're so lucky to have an expert cleaner-upper at your house! :)

ashcraft8 said...

What a great combo, swimming, sun and a car ride. A guarenteed Knock-out for 2 active boys. Great job!

Susan said...

Oooh, that pool looks like just the kind Lil and Beth would love, since the stairs are the most fun part, there's usually just not enough stair room in pools! And I LOVE the picture in the car, I can't believe I've never taken one like that, though I love to see them like that. Yours is too perfect right down to the angle of their heads!

Trena said...

They look like little twins in that last picture. So cute!

Melissa said...

Your boys are so adorable. I love what a good job Seth did too! He will be a little swimmer in no time!!